280 Santa Clara Avenue, Oakland
Located in the vibrant Grand Lake/Rose Garden neighborhood, 280 Santa Clara is a beguiling, light-filled 3+BD/1BA 1920s bungalow with 3 bedrooms on one level. Modern upgrades blend with appealing original details such as built-in cabinetry, wainscotting, crown molding, and hardwood floors. Mature landscaping and a huge backyard deck lend themselves to summer entertaining or just relaxing in the sun. In cooler weather, the delightful sunroom is an enchanting place to unwind with a cup of coffee.
Some of the home’s wonderful features:
- The carved wood front door opens onto a generous entryway that beckons with gleaming hardwood floors, wainscotting, crown molding, and vintage light fixture.
- The spacious, light-filled living room features vaulted beamed ceiling and large windows flanking a brick fireplace. Handsome built-in shelves and cabinetry grace one wall.
- On the other side of the house, the sunroom addition creates a terrace-like feel, ideal for relaxing with a little music, a laptop, and a second cup of coffee.
- The graceful formal dining room features elegant wainscotting and original built-in cabinetry, and corner windows catch the light. The dining room opens onto the bright, updated kitchen, which features stone counters, gas cooktop, double wall oven, pantry, and ample cabinets for storage.
- Off the kitchen are a conveniently placed laundry room with a large closet, washer/dryer, oversized window, and a door opening onto the lovely backyard.
- The first bedroom boasts hardwood floors and oversized multi-paned windows overlooking the side yard. The remaining two bedrooms connect via a hallway through a pair of louvered doors. The second bedroom has multi-paned windows facing the side yard and a deep closet with sliding doors. The third bedroom has been configured as an office with a built-in desk and shelves.
- The three bedrooms share a full bath with tile shower over tub, solid surface vanity, tile floor, and shuttered double door entry.
Upstairs is a surprising bonus room with slanting ceilings and five sunny windows. Perfect for a guest room, study, office, or just a quiet retreat.
- A glorious enclosed backyard with huge, recently rebuilt deck and mature landscaping. Host an afternoon barbeque or string some lights around this lovely space and throw the ultimate summer party.
Highlights at a glance:
- 1562 square feet
- Vintage details
- Vaulted living room ceiling
- Updated kitchen
- Bonus room
- Hardwood floors
- Huge deck
- Mature landscaping
- Off-street parking
- Alarm system
- Irrigation system front and back